Everything You Need to Know About MBBS
Welcome to our MBBS Admission, where you can find all the information you need to know about pursuing a career in medicine. The MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) program is a professional degree course that prepares students for a career as a doctor. This webpage covers everything from the entrance exam to admission and job opportunities in the field.
|Name||Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)|
|Duration||5.5 years (including 1 year of internship)|
|Eligibility||10+2 or equivalent qualification with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects; minimum aggregate marks of 50% for general category and 40% for reserved categories|
|Entrance Exams||NEET, AIIMS MBBS, JIPMER MBBS, etc.|
|Course Structure||Pre-clinical subjects (Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry) - 1.5 years; Para-clinical subjects (Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Forensic Medicine) - 2 years; Clinical subjects (Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Ophthalmology, ENT, etc.) - 2 years|
|Internship||Compulsory 1-year rotating internship in a hospital, where students gain hands-on clinical experience|
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have completed their 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main subjects. The minimum aggregate percentage required may vary between colleges, but it is usually around 50% to 60%
- Age Limit: Candidates must have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before December 31 of the year of admission. The upper age limit is usually 25 years for General category candidates and 30 years for reserved category candidates.
- Nationality: Candidates must be citizens of India or Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) or Persons of Indian Origin (PIO).
- NEET Exam: Candidates must qualify in the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for MBBS admission. NEET is a national-level entrance exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA)
- Other Requirements: Some colleges may have additional eligibility criteria such as minimum marks in each of the subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Biology), domicile requirements, and physical fitness criteria.
- Eligibility Criteria: Candidates must meet the eligibility criteria set by the respective universities and medical colleges. The eligibility criteria usually include a minimum age limit of 17 years, and candidates should have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks (40% marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates).
- Entrance Examination: The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is the entrance examination that is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to undergraduate medical courses in India. Candidates must appear and qualify in the NEET exam to be eligible for admission.
- Application Process: Candidates need to fill out the application form for NEET through the official website of the NTA. The application form will require personal details, academic records, and other relevant information.
- Admit Card: Candidates who have successfully registered for the NEET exam can download the admit card from the official website.
- NEET Exam: Candidates must appear and qualify in the NEET exam. The exam consists of 180 multiple choice questions and is conducted for 3 hours. The questions are based on Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology) syllabus.
- Result and Merit List: The NTA releases the NEET result and merit list based on the marks obtained by the candidates. Candidates who have scored above the cut-off marks are included in the merit list.
- Counseling and Seat Allotment: Candidates who are included in the merit list are called for counseling and seat allotment. The counseling process is conducted by the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC). During counseling, candidates are required to choose their preferred college and course based on their rank and availability of seats.
- Document Verification: Candidates are required to produce original documents for verification during counseling. The documents include the NEET scorecard, 10+2 mark sheet, birth certificate, identity proof, and other relevant certificates.
- Medical Examination and Admission: Candidates who have been allotted seats need to undergo a medical examination to ensure that they meet the physical fitness requirements for the program. After successful completion of the medical examination, candidates can pay the admission fees to secure their seat in the college.
The cutoff ranks for MBBS admissions vary for different colleges and universities across India and are usually categorized by General, OBC, SC, and ST categories. Here are all the details are given in table below.
NEET 2022 Cut Off
|Category||NEET 2022 Cut off %||NEET 2022 Cut off Score|
|OBC/ SC/ ST||40||116-93|
|General - PH||45||116-105|
|OBC/ SC/ ST- PH||40||104-93|
NEET 2021 Cut off
|OBC/ SC/ ST||40||137-108|
|General - PH||45||116-105|
|OBC/ SC/ ST- PWD||40||121-108|
Colleges in India
India has over 500 medical colleges, offering undergraduate and postgraduate courses in medicine, nursing, and other related fields. These colleges are regulated by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and other regulatory bodies, and play an important role in producing healthcare professionals for the country.
India also has both public and private hospitals . The public hospitals are generally run by the government and provide healthcare services at subsidized rates, while private hospitals charge higher fees for their services.
Here are top 10 college list Ranked by NIRF
|1.||All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)||New Delhi|
|2.||Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research(PGIMER)||Chandigarh|
|3.||Christian Medical College||Chennai|
|4.||National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro-Sciences||Bangalore|
|5.||Banaras Hindu University||Varanasi|
|6.||Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER)||Puducherry|
|7.||Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPIMS)||Lucknow|
|8.||Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham||coimbatore|
|9.||Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Science and Technology||Trivandrum|
|10.||Kasturba Medical College||Manipal|
Get in touch with us